23.8.07

Boost Mobile Commcercial

I must've seen this commercial three hundred times (exact tally, be warned: don't knock the exact tally). It is probably the only 30-second spot that I can remember seeing so often and still not hate.



Best Part: Joey Fatone look-alike in the pool springing a very well-crafted laugh... it does not go unappreciated.

I've also gotta show love to the Boost Mobile episode (YT clip, 4:45 quote) of Aqua Teen Hunger Force:

Carl: What the hell is this here, some...uh, some sort of gay-out?
Master Shake: Hey! Just the guy I wanted to see! Carl, who's your cellular service provider, huh?
Carl: Dude, what're you dancing about here? You're poor.
Master Shake: Come here. I want you to listen to some.
(The Boost Mobile Phone chirps.)
Master Shake: You hear the chirp? Isn't that clear?
Carl: Isn't it clear that I'm gonna just completely fuck your ass up if you don't take three steps back? (silence) It's not, isn't it. You just look at me. Look at him looking at me.
Master Shake: Well, you can make or receive cellular calls with this. Give it to him.
Boost Mobile Phone: Where you at, dog?
Master Shake: See?
Carl: I'm on my land. We're both in America which used to be a good country until they started letting people like you do whatever you want.
Boost Mobile Phone: Hey, dog! Where you at!
Master Shake: See?
Carl: See this. This line? (points to where his neatly-trimmed lawn starts) Here? Line of death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. M'kay? Have a good day.

1 comment:

Jenny Schuch said...

Luke, you fail to mention how creepy it is that people will be able to track each other's moves with their cell phones via the GPS.